Sunday, March 6, 2011

Lack of Ambition, Chaos and Catastrophe

So, I haven't updated my blog in what seems like forever now. I apologize for disappearing for so long but as most of you know from about April 2010, Gen X and myself went thru some really rocky times. But as the saying goes "Time heals all wounds". I was feeling sorry for myself, angry, not getting any sleep, not taking care of myself and just exhausted in general. So, I am back now and will hopefully be updating much more on a regular basis.
Ok, first off there are quite a few things that have changed at the shop over the past year. The shop line up for one. First and foremost, we lost a great friend and part of the Gen X family. Our lobby guy and good friend Justin Kalas lost his battle with diabetes and devastated all around him. We had a blast working together and he will be greatly missed. Justin was... and always will Gen X Tattoos biggest supporter and brother.
Next, we have gone thru a severe line up change. Ryan Speed, Sarah Fish and Ross Lloyd no longer work at Gen X. I'm not gonna go into the "whats" n "whys" but I will say that although it was a really tough time, things really do work out for the best! So, Jim O'rourke and Toran Marshall are still with us better than ever and we now have a new resident artist calling Gen X home. Brian Harley has been with us since November of 2010 and has fit in great and is quite the artist. I have also taken on an apprentice named Melanie Muntean. She is a very talented artist and is quickly progressing with her apprenticeship. I do believe she will become an incredible tattoo artist and a great asset to the tattoo community.
So, as a whole, we at Gen X have grown stronger thru these tough times and are ready for another great spring in wonderful northeast Ohio...hahaha.


1 comment:

  1. You are the strongest person I know. You have been and always will be an inspiration in my life. You will soldier on, cuz you always do.

    Cheers.

    Justin B.

    ReplyDelete