Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Ever learning and growing

   Just a quick post to let you know my view on being an artist...any kind of artist. I am constantly buying and using any and all kind of information I can find that has to do with art and even more so when it applies to tattooing. Now we have all bought something that we have used, watched, read...whatever...and felt unsatisfied to say the least, but I am "trying" to be a bit less negative than I have been most of my life and look at things a different way. Any of the stuff that I have bought to try and advance my art has taught me something, even if its something NOT to do...but most of the time I get a lot more out of it than that. And another way to look at it is that even if it wasn't the best information I am helping to support a fellow artist and spending my money in the tattoo/art community.
   Anyways, I just finished watching Mike Devries dvd "Animal Style" which was very informative and inspiring to say the least. And this inspired me to go back and watch some of the older dvds I have again even just to refresh myself. So, my point is...never stop learning and striving for greatness. I have been doing this for 20 years and I am no where near where I feel I should be but I keep trying. So, do the same, don't stand still too long or you will grow stagnant and it will show in your work!
   Get up and DO SOMETHING!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Ain't that the truth. Pushed myself into learning how to watercolor, tattoo guy style, recently. Best decision I've made in forever. Pushing myself to work on art and get better is not only great mental exercise, it's also satisfying for the soul.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete