Monday, March 7, 2011

Stigma Rotary Tattoo Machines!

   OK...So, I know I have posted before about using the Stigma Hypers, but I have to post again since as in any business, you have loyal fans etc. of the competition posting nasty things about these fine people and their products. Now, not often is it that when you purchase tattoo equipment or anything else for that matter, that you end up getting checked up on by anyone, let alone the owner/inventors themselves. They ask my opinions, answer any questions or concerns I might have as well as we have now developed a friendship. Artemis and Petra, may have their flaws like all of us do, but I, personally have not seen them yet.
   I am only a local tattoo artist and I find myself getting behind in answering questions and emails, sometimes taking up to 10 days to reply, yet the people at Stigma have always answered me in less time than that and they are a known worldwide for their tattoo machines. Now, I have dealt with a lot of the supply companies in the tattoo business over the last 20 odd years and NO ONE...n I mean NO ONE has ever treated me with the respect and caring that they have. I even recently inquired to 4 other supply companies about questions I had about the rotary machines they were selling and as of now (4 weeks later) I have only heard back from one and it was a form letter not answering anything I had inquired about. So, I guess my business is NOT important to these other companies who I am not going to name but I still feel important to the family at Stigma. It's kind of funny because one of the other companies, who I was using their machines and promoting them at the time, couldn't and still has not returned any of my many emails or multiple phone messages, but had enough time to post pics of the Expensive new car they just bought, and house etc. (and this should tell ya how long ago this was) on myspace and brag but wasn't a bit concerned with those who were buying and using their products. As far as I am concerned, a company like that is Absolutely USELESS to the tattoo community as a whole.
   So now on to the machines, I cannot comment on all of them but I personally, hove only used the Stigma Hypers and recently received a Stigma Fly. I have also used 4 or 5 other brands of rotary tattoo machines and while they all run slightly different, none of them that I have used personally have any sort of adjustment (or give) and none are as consistently exceptional as Stigma. So, the Hypers have been a blessing all the way around, they are lightweight which has helped greatly with hand fatigue as well as feeling like I have WAY more control over the machine...being able to work different angles, turn or adjust it. Then we have the fact that there is nothing to tinker with other than the "give" adjustment screw, so what does that mean...well, it means that the machine runs the same Every time I pick it up. No more endless tuning and adjusting a machine only to have it need re-adjusted by the end of the day. They also come with both rca connections or a standard clip cord connection so whatever you prefer is usable. The only thing to do with this particular machine is to lubricate it periodically. They run smooth and consistent everytime and I have been using mine for over 2 years now with no problems other than the time I dropped one which was my own fault. As far as the Fly machine goes, I haven't used it enough to really give an accurate opinion on but I will get back to ya on that in 3 or 4 weeks...just check the blog. I do really like the addition of the needlebar stabilizer which makes it so there is no need for rubberbands. You can adjust it light or firm depending on how many rubberbands you were used to using on your machine. They also changed the tube vice which I really like as well because I use disposable tubes and sometimes the vice on the Hypers would cause a dent in the tube so if you had to adjust the tube it would just slide back into that divet.
  So, there you have it, my personal opinion on the Stigma Hyper rotary tattoo machine and the company itself. They are awesome and I would feel confident in recommending them to Anyone! You can find them at   stigma-rotary-tattoo.com   or    youtube.com/StigmaRotaryTattoo


1 comment:

  1. I know the ability to adjust is a super rad feature. Most rotaries (including over-hyped air-driven ones) are generally what you get is what you get. Autoclavable too??? Man, these things sound AWESOME.

    ReplyDelete